Thailand Legal Wedding Information
In order to qualify for a legal Thailand wedding you are required you to be in Bangkok for 3 full working days prior to the wedding. Select Vacations will provide you with the following three day itinerary in Bangkok to arrange the legalities for your wedding.
- An English speaking local guide for 3 days to assist in acquiring and translating documents, authenticate at Ministry of Foreign Affairs and interpret during registration at Amphur.
- Driver with private transfers 2 days to the various offices.
- Copies of all documents.
- Translation fees of documents from English to Thai (District Office) and from Thai to English (e.g. wedding license).
- Stamp fee from Ministry of Foreign Affairs to certify all translated papers.
- Embassy fee for a certificate of marital status (to guarantee each is single).
- Wedding license fee at District Office + handling fee
The following documentation & information are required to organise your marriage licence:
- Clear copies of Passports.
- Marital Status (Single, Divorced, Widow or widower),
- Approximate Salary/income per month (for record only),
- Address for bride & groom,
- Absolute decree (in case of divorce), Death certificate of former spouse (for widow or widower)
- Birth certificates and Statutory declaration